Is your site not appearing in Bing search? No worries, this can be sorted out. Your site might probably be de-indexed, delisted, or removed due to a number of reasons relating to Bing Webmasters guidelines. Bing is a very sensitive search engine and slaps a strong penalty or action on the sites that are not following their webmasters’ guidelines. So if you are a site owner, you need to be careful in publishing the right content, avoiding things that might go against Bing’s webmaster’s guidelines.
Why Bing delist/deindex certain websites?
There are several reasons. In simple words, the best way to avoid any Bing penalty is to follow and stay in compliance with Bing webmaster guidelines. Some of the standard policies are that a webmaster needs to take care of are:
Any website owner, whether old or new. The first thing you need to learn about is the content. Good content can raise you and take you higher, while on the other hand, bad content can take you down. Content is one of the most significant things for SEO. Search engines love high-quality content and reward them with plus points. Those plus points can add up to your SEO rankings. Make sure your content is unique, original, and created for real users instead of just for search engines or robots. It’s obvious that you will see the difference in SEO.
Reading the word SEO, there are many associated thoughts that might be coming to your mind. But don’t confuse your self. The more you take it easy the most better, on the other hand if you make it complicated its going to go complicated. Just take care of the following things and your site will be fine and healthy.
Backlinks: As for search engines links/backlinks are regarded as website popularity. The best way to get backlinks is to create a unique and high quality content. Bing rewards the links that have grown organically, the links that have been added by content creators over time naturally on other trusted and relevant websites having real users that are droved to your site from theirs. Always plan to build links both internally& externally in an organic manner.
Black hat SEO: Abusive and manipulative tactics that aim to inflate the number and nature of inbound links such as buying or participating in link schemes (link spamming, link farms and excessive link manipulation) can lead your site to be penalized and delisted from Bing Web Search.
Keyword Stuffing: Avoid using same keywords repeatedly in the content expecting any influence on Search engines which is called keyword stuffing. Search engines can easily detect keyword stuffing and flag your site in lower ranking.
On page SEO optimization:
On page SEO optimization refers to the content, word count, paragraphs, Headings, Colors, Images and many more that make up the content of the page.
The more quality content you present on the page, the more likely search engines love your content and rank them higher over others. So keep in mind when you are writing try to make up the article, or content you are writing interesting that is meant for real actual visitors not just search engines or robots.
Let me divide the content based on headings to make more easy for you. Keep these all things below in mind when writing your content
Difference between Optimized SEO Good Content & Bad SEO Content
Good Optimized SEO Content that ranks better
- No Grammatical Mistakes inside content: As said many times. Grammatical mistakes can be an issue when user reads your content and this can be easily detected by search engines also, giving you lower rankings.
- Includes Structured Headings & Paragraphs: The more structures and quality or heavy content you have mixed up the more it is better.
- Content is not spun and written uniquely for actual visitors: Everyone these when first steps in writing or blogging. They thing that writing can be done easy way that is to copy and spin. Spun content can be easily detected and push you to penalty. So avoid this.
- Includes relevant images as much as possible: Images play an important in content. At least include 2 or more images in any content that you write. No images in your article can be considered as thin content. So do try to include one or more.
- Includes Videos if possible: Video’s is just another inclusive item of content that you can use inside your content if you have to make your content more attractive. If you don’t have one its also fine. But if you have that’s a plus point.
- Includes relevant keywords: When writing content keep in mind you include keywords but don’t over include similar or same keyword. Including same keyword or using same keyword over and over again can be termed as keyword stuffing which can be easily triggered by Search engine. So avoid this and include keyword that is required as per understanding.
- Infographics: Infographics are illustrative materials that make up article or content more catchy and attractive picking up users attention to explain anything in illustrative way. You can use Infographics to make users more interested in your article. Good thing to know. Infographics is an old SEO method to drive in more backlinks to your website. If you have unique infographics and you are the owner of it. Through this you can gain up bundle of backlinks easily when other content writers use your infographics.
- No Duplicate content: Always write unique content, don’t spin your content or copy from anywhere else. Because no spinner can make your article rewrite properly. Spinner always do grammatically errors and that can be caught easily by Search engines like Google & Bing.
- Avoid Error in pages: such as linking error, website layout error, function error, redirection error etc…
- Make your website or pages load faster: Google loves fast websites that load smoothly and fast.
- Optimize your page for all different types of devices: like tablet, mobile and computer. Make it responsive to all of these. These days people use more mobiles. never forget to keep your site responsive for mobile.
Bad SEO Content or Thin Content
- Use of spun Content
- Use of duplicate content
- No proper headings or content structure
- No proper paragraphs
- No Images or Videos
- Improper keywords that is not relevant to the content topic.
How to submit a request to Bing to review your site for re inclusion in Bing’s Search Index?
Steps to raise a request to Bing Webmasters Team for review of your website.
1: Go to “Raise Support Request“
2: You will see this page
3: Fill out necessary fields explaining your issue and select appropriate category.
4: Once you submit you will receive an auto email from Bing. Give it required time and you will receive response from Bing Webmaster agent. And that’s it.
I know you would have been really worried up seeing your site is suddenly flagged or removed from Bing Search engine. This removal is sometimes done manually or automatically.
Manual removal happens when your site is reported or flagged by someone violating Bing Webmasters Guidelines and then the Bing representative has penalized your site.
Bing is very sensitive search engine and can slap penalty easily to any website that is not following or violating any of its guidelines. Unlike Google which does not mind small issues but focuses on big things.
Let me share or recall a incident happened with me.
I had a similar issue with Bing when Bing delisted or removed my site just for very small issue. The issue was I was moving my site from 1 hosting to another and was in maintenance mode for few days. After 3 days. I noticed my site was deindexed from Bing. I was very worried as I was not violating any of Bing guidelines. I tried to look around and seek help from many people but could find any. At last I figure out that my site was temporary kicked out for layout and maintenance issues. The site was automatically re indexed again and was fine once again.
Why does Bing remove so many sites without a reason?
Bing has recently revised its webmaster policy. As a result, Bing is very strict on webmaster guidelines. Webmasters not complying with webmaster guidelines can be subjected to the Bing Search penalty, which may result in the website’s delisting or removal from Bing Search.